What do we do?
- Our team assists international Antarctic programs with transits through our Hobart Antarctic city under COVID-19 restrictions.
- We assist Tasmanian businesses with accessing government grants to develop their Antarctic expertise and markets.
- We connect businesses and organisations to Tasmanian Government trade missions and other opportunities with our Trade Tasmania team.
- We fund and support the Tasmanian Polar Network (TPN), a unique cluster of over 70 Tasmanian businesses, research institutions and government agencies with Antarctic and Southern Ocean expertise
- We support Australia’s Antarctic program objectives which are delivered by the Australian Antarctic Division.
- We assist with attracting investment support and collaboration opportunities for Tasmanian Antarctic related research institutions
- We provide funding and support for the Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR) and the Agreement for the Conservation of Albatrosses and Petrels (ACAP) secretariats, both are international organisations located in Hobart